Wednesday, January 9, 2019

WriYe Blog Circle: Goals


I'm back to doing WriYe again this year. I don't know why. I think it's because I got back into writing in November with NaNoWriMo. (More on that later.) So I thought I would pick up the Blog Circle Prompt for January.

Theme: Goals

What is your WriYe Word Count Goal?

My goal is 120,000 words.

Why did you choose it?

I chose it because I figured I could do at least 10,000 words a month. Now, this isn't counting Camp NaNo in April and/or July or NaNoWriMo in November. I'm leaving those alone right now. I'm hoping that if I do write more in those months that it will serve as either a buffer or a catch up depending upon where my word count is at that point in the year.

What are your plans for the year?

Other than writing 120,000 words, I plan on reading 25 books. Anything beyond that, I really don't know. I'm just going where the wind takes me I guess.

What do you want to accomplish with your writing?

I think for me, it's just about getting back into it. I haven't really written in years. This was the first year I've taken NaNo seriously since about 2014 I think. And on top of that, I'm back into WriYe. I don't know if that's because I am craving interaction with other writers as I muddle my way through this novel of mine or what.

What are you most looking forward to in 2019?

Probably new beginnings. After the absolute disaster that was 2018, I don't think there's a whole lot left that can faze me.

So that's about it for this prompt. Can't wait for the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment