Tuesday, June 24, 2014

And the Last WriYe'er Standing Was.....

Not me!

But I made it farther than I EVER have before!

Last year I didn't do it.

In 2012, I made it through 2 rounds.

In 2011, I made i through 3 rounds.

Here are this years results that I actually placed in the top 3:

Week 2

Week 4

Week 5

Week 7

And the finals, Week 8


This year, I took 3rd!!!!! As in, I made it through all 7 rounds and into the finals!!!!! I cannot believe this! Yes, there were weeks I hovered around the bottom. There were weeks I really thought I was going home. But there were even a couple weeks where I won! It was kind of amazing! And I'm even looking at expanding one of my short stories into a novel. It will probably be for November, but I need to plan it out more. I'm very surprised I made it as far as I did. There were a couple of pieces that I wrote that I REALLY liked. A few that I wrote in the middle of the night the night before they were due and some pieces I really didn't care for. So I feel pretty good about this year. I'm glad I did it and I'm glad I got as far as I did. Now I just have to get back into the habit of writing EVERY week and not just every other! Honestly, I looked forward to the prompts because they gave me a focus. Right now I feel like I'm floundering around looking for something to write!

No comments:

Post a Comment