Friday, January 13, 2012

Hunger Games and a story

I finished Hunger Games yesterday. It took me less than 48 hours to finish it. This must say something about the book itself, as it usually takes me about a month to finish a book. Well, that and it was slow yesterday at work. So I was able to sit there and read. I was done with it by 5 and I was regretting not bringing my other book to read for the last hour. But that's okay. I somehow managed to survive.

The strange thing was that in reading The Hunger Games, I somehow got some inspiration for a story I'm working on. No, it's not Hunger Games fanfic. Instead, it's a post-apocalyptic story that is possibly going to be a YA thing, but I'm not sure yet. The main character doesn't even have a name yet, but he's close to getting one. The story itself is only 700 words long right now, but some of it has been plotted, via generator, so I'm not going at this totally blind.

No comments:

Post a Comment