Thursday, February 2, 2012

Good Guys V. Bad Guys

I'm behind on my WriYe Blogging, so here is the first of 3 tonight.

Let's start with the bad guys. As a fan fiction author, my bad guys tend to already be created for me, or I get to create them myself! Usually I go the creating them myself route. Sadly, most of my bad guys aren't really people at all. They tend to be those abstract things like faith or trust or something like that. But in one of my stories, I do have a really awesome bad guy, at least in my mind. He is just trying to win this other guy over that he has had a crush on since he was little. (Yes, he's gay.) Only, he's going about it in the TOTALLY wrong way. Now, here's the backstory on the two of them: Ryan has a crush on Brian. (Yeah, bug me about names later!) Brian goes along with his friends and teases Ryan when they are kids. Both boys grow up and Brian becomes mega-super-star. Ryan still has a crush on Brian, but it is obvious by what his printed about Brian now that he doesn't swing that way. So when Brian starts dating Becca, Ryan decides that now is the time to get his man. He starts stalking Becca, hoping Becca will leave Brian. She doesn't. So Ryan goes after her and attacks her. All he's trying to do is get Becca to leave and Brian to like him. Like I said, he's going about it in the TOTALLY wrong way!

Okay, good guys now. I think the biggest thing about good guys is that they aren't perfect. (Unless, of course you are writing a story about Jesus, then He IS perfect, but you get my point.) And the other thing about not being perfect is that good guys shouldn't DWELL on their not being perfect. I mean, it shouldn't come up like every chapter, page or paragraph. Sure it should come up from time to time, but not ALL THE TIME. Heck, I'm not perfect, I make mistakes all the time, but I don't DWELL on them either. This can sometimes be difficult in the world of fan fiction. Since I write RPF (Real Person Fic), sometimes I have to make up the imperfections of my characters. Other times, they do it for me. For example: AJ of the Backstreet Boys. I don't have to make anything up for him not being perfect: going into rehab and relapsing a few times because he's an alcoholic did that for me! But other times, well, it's hard to break out of the fantasy world and make these characters NOT perfect or how we WOULD LIKE them to be.

Cross-Posted to: krazikrys writes!

No comments:

Post a Comment