Monday, February 3, 2014

My NEW Writing Space

A while back there was this post on the WriYe Boards about your writing space. At the time, I was sitting at my parent's kitchen table because my desk in the sun room was too far away and isolated from my kids and too cold on top of that! Well, my mom had an idea this past weekend that she thought might work. So I give you:
My New Writing Space

Essentially it is 2 closet shelves turned upside down with a shelf screwed to the top. It's one of those "Pinterest" ideas that wasn't really a Pinterest idea, but works none the less. I hate that it's white. I wanted wood colored, but really don't feel like painting particle board, so I guess I'll live.

I numbered things in the picture so I'll go through them:

1. Laptop. It's used for writing and Facebook.
2. Tablet. It's usually in my room so I can write in bed. Being I'm exclusively using Google Drive for this year, I have "an app for that!"
3. Cup that usually has ice water in it.
4. Bag of dark chocolate Hershey's Kisses. I usually need some type of chocolate/candy to keep me going.
5. Bill that needs to be paid. Will be gone by today!
6. I wish I could say this is planning stuff, but it's not. It's the pile of Divorce paperwork and things about my daughter's care and therapy. It will probably only be moved when it needs to be.
7. That's a basket of ribbons I did for my daughter. They're for Rare Disease Day on February 28, 2014. I'm hoping to give them out over the next few weeks.
8. In that basket is a Netflix DVD that I need to watch and return.

There are actually 3 shelves on each side. The bottom two shelves have bins with various things in them. The top two shelves have two little baskets each: a larger basket and a pencil basket. I'm hoping this will help keep me organized and not so all over the place! (My mom hopes this too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment