Friday, January 17, 2014

To Plan or Not to Plan

What's your favorite planning method?

Probably outlining, but I do some timelines and just general "word vomits" too. Sometimes there's research involved. Sometimes there's just random notes thrown in the text in RED BOLD CAPS to say LOOK AT ME! YOU MESSED UP HERE! But otherwise, I try to take it chapter by chapter. But sometimes that doesn't happen. Most of my stories don't have chapters to begin with. Well, actually a lot of them now do. Which is weird. I don't remember that happening. But I digress. Anyway, I try to go chapter by chapter. Sometimes I really like dialogue. Other times I hate it. It just depends really on the story.

Do you prefer to plot by hand or use the computer?

I prefer to use the computer, mainly because my brain sometimes moves faster than I can hand write. But on occasion, I do like a good notebook to jot stuff down in. Then it isn't as easy for my mom to come and read over my shoulder!

What part of planning do you hate the absolute most? Or do you hate all of planning and you'd rather pants your novels? Why?

Um....doing it? No, probably actually just thinking about it. I can't really plan my novels ahead of time. Well, I really should. The ONLY time I won NaNoWriMo was when I planned myself into the ground and could practically write the story in my sleep! But yeah, I usually just pants my novels to start and then go back at some point and fix stuff. That's where the "word vomitting" comes in.

Bonus: I'd draw you a picture, but I think you get the idea when I say "Word Vomit." LOL! So no bonus point for me!

3 comments:

  1. It's fun seeing how different people go about writing. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I love how yours is like...there are steps, these are them. And then there are those who are like WAY creative! Make me feel like I need to pull out the paint or something! And then there are those like Keri who hand write stuff and make me want to go get a notebook and just go at it again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post Krazikrys! I'm glad I'm not the only one that suffers from word vomiting... ;)

    ReplyDelete