Thursday, January 9, 2014

Writing Notebooks

Okay, so Keri posted this on the WriYe Tumblr thing. I liked the idea, so I figured I'd answer her question of: 

what’s in your notebook?

Well, my notebook is a series of documents in my Google Drive. I just went through and reorganized it too!

I now have folders for


Stories -- Anything that is actually written out is put here.

AugNo -- Anything from AugNo is put in here. (Mainly because I always label it "AugNo.")
Planning -- Which is actually things like character sheets or other planning like documents. They are NOT filled in.
Notes -- This is where all those things that I have in the planning folder get filled out.

So in my Notes folder I have things like character sheets, plot sheets, and even timelines. I even have single lines that I like to start stories. There's lists and just idea dumping in there as well.


I have also used Microsoft's "One Note." I really like it when I'm starting with an idea because it lets me just put stuff WHEREVER on the note page versus everything being so linear.


But seeing Keri's pretty notebooks, I'd maybe like to do an idea book again. That of course would mean buying yet ANOTHER notebook! (This is one of my favorite things in the whole world!) But alas, I don't usually go anywhere to need to carry a notebook any more. And if I ever get around to calling my wireless carrier, I might actually be able to use my tablet somewhere OTHER than at my house! Then I wouldn't need to buy a notebook.


So that's what's in my writer's notebook!


Okay, I know this wasn't posted on Wednesday, but I'm going to tag it as such, because I was going to write it out last night but life happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment