Thursday, January 7, 2016

Geeking Out to The X-Files

Hey all! This blog is back! It's going through a revamp, so please bear with me as I change some things around.

So I thought I'd start out with one of my favorite topics as of late: "The X-Files." Did you hear? It's coming back the end of the month!


Yeah, I am trying to contain myself over this! Granted, I'll probably have to watch it all OnDemand as trying to watch ANYTHING that ISN'T "Paw Patrol," "PJ Masks" or "Doc McStuffins" when the kids are home would mean I would actually have to be abducted by aliens to do so.

So what am I doing while I wait?

Trying to catch up on episodes.
Fox did this 201 Days of X-Files where you watched an episode a day for 201 days leading up to the premiere. Sadly, they left out the two movies, so it really should have been 203 days, but who's counting. Being I still use DVD through Netflix, I'm only up to starting on season 6. (Did you know they actually changed the name to "DVD.com"? Thankfully no backlash like the "Qwickster" fiasco a few years ago!) Yeah, I don't think I'm going to make it to watching ALL of them before the premiere.

And this is sad to me. Why? Because I OBVIOUSLY MISSED SOMETHING HUGE! See, I quit watching somewhere around season 7 or so. I think it was when David Duchovny left. Sure, I caught a random episode here and there, but I wasn't really "into" it any more. I think it was because I was in college and life was CRAZY in college! So how do I know I missed something huge? Because of THIS video:


So, even though I don't think I'll catch up before the premiere on January 24th, I think I'll be okay, just a little lost!

Reading
Yes, I am trying to read a new "X-Files" collection that was put out last year. I haven't read a whole lot in it and actually am going to restart it. But it's a collections of shorts. I can't wait to actually get into it! I know the first one in the book is written by a Brit. How do I know? Well, I read his mini-bio, but also some of the phrasing he uses is not American, and being Mulder and Scully are based out of Washington, DC, there are just little things that stick out to me. It's really no big deal!

There's also a few graphic novels I'd like to find as well. The X-Files: Season 10 and 30 Days of Night: The X-Files. Both of these were recommended to me by a fellow X-Phile, Natalie Patalie. Again, likely won't find them before the start of the new six episode series, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Again, reading is something that I think I would have to be abducted by aliens to actually get it done!

Coloring
Yes, you read correctly! Coloring. Back in August, The X-Files Official Twitter released the following "coloring" page. Thanks to Natalie, she found a couple more here and here. These are all free. There's also a few on etsy, if you really want to pay for them.

Stalking Instagram
Okay, there's really only ONE Instagram I'm stalking, and she's kinda slowed down lately, but just going back and checking out her photos is AMAZING! She made Mulder's office at 1:12 scale! It's pretty awesome. You should check out The Miniature X-Files Office.

So this is what I'm doing while I bide my time until the 24th. Then I'll probably end up binge watching all 6 episodes after they air because of kids and the aliens NOT abducting me so I can watch it live. Any other X-Phile's out there? What are you doing while you wait?

Linked up at #BloggyBrunch

8 comments:

  1. This is definitely something I'm looking forward to as well! I'm just now starting to watch (I used to watch it years ago with my parents), but I wanted to start from the beginning so I wouldn't miss anything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started from the beginning. Excepting doing it on DVD via Netflix is kinda hard when you don't get time to binge the disc. :( I'm SO NOT making it before the new episodes.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the shout out! You rock <3 And THANK YOU for linking me to that Instagram account!! I'm looking through all of the photos right now and laughing my head off! All the tiny pieces are so cute!

    I too am wondering how I'll watch the new episodes, but for a different reason! I don't have cable :'( I'll either find a way to watch it online or just show up at someone's house on the 24th and be like "hey, I'm commandeering your TV for the next hour."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, Mini X-Files Office is an AWESOME IG account! And just find someone and make it an X-Files party! They are only going to have put up with you until the end of February! ;)

      Delete
  3. ah, I never got into x-files but I might need to add it to my binge watching list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, binge watching would be a good thing! It was a "procedural crime drama" before there were "procedural crime dramas." Except you end up caring so much about the characters that you aren't paying attention to all the technical stuff. Instead, you're screaming at the TV because you want Mulder and Scully to FINALLY get together or you want to just SMACK Agent Spender. (Sorry, starting season 6 and I'm already screaming at the TV again!)

      Delete
  4. I've never been into x-files but I am geeking out a bit over your new blog and design! I love it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam! I'm loving the new layout too! Now I must go in and set up alerts fro Blog Comments! How I got 4 on here and didn't even notice is CRAZY!

      Delete