Friday, June 5, 2020

FanGirl Friday: What I Believe



I don't usually discuss current events, politics, or things like that on this blog. I try to keep it focused on fun. But on occasion, I feel the need to say something. This may be a weird, rambling post.

If you've set foot out of your house within the past week or two or taken a glance at any social media platform, you may have seen or heard what happened with George Floyd. I'm not here to dive deep into it. I will say that it was wrong on so many levels. I'm also not here to dive deep into the protests. I'm also not going to talk about my political or religious views surrounding the events of George Floyd's death or the protests.

But there are a few things that I want to share.
  1. No matter WHAT you believe about what happened or the protests and violence going on, I am going to say this: I love you. I don't care who you voted for. Who you are going to vote for. What color you are. What your religion is. It doesn't matter to me. No, I am not "color blind." I see you, People of Color. I understand that you have oppressed for far too long. I may not have been in your shoes or experienced what you have, but know that I see you.
  2. To those of you who want to get upset with celebrities who are vocal about their choices that oppose your own, I don't understand you. I'm speaking specifically in regards to whatever it was that broke out on Twitter Wednesday night. I'm not on Twitter much, but apparently, there were some haters hating on Brian and Leighanne Littrell because they are VERY Republican. I know this. I DON'T CARE! Yes, I follow Leighanne on Facebook but I tend to scroll past a lot of her posts. Do I agree with her on a lot of it? NO! But I love her nonetheless. Now, I may not have seen what erupted on Twitter, but I did see this post. So quit hating! Hating on them is similar to what is going on. It's not the same, but by trying to bully someone for their views, you obviously just don't understand.

  3. View this post on Instagram

    It doesn’t take a lot to find happiness in things,people and places. In the craziness of the world today, the way people are lashing out at each other saddens me. No matter who I voted for or what religion I am, I am a person.... a person that has feelings and beliefs as well as quite a difficult life growing up but I prevailed and made the most of every situation and this is why I can take all your loving and hateful comments...... they are direct reflections of you So good or bad there it is. These pictures I find happiness in and comfort in my homeπŸ’• I love and thank all of you for having my best interest at heart and just know the love goes both waysπŸ’–πŸ’•πŸ’–#loveyourself #forgiveness #compassion

    A post shared by Leighanne (@leighanne_littrell) on

  4. And furthermore, did you not see that these two celebs joined the #BlackOutTuesday movement? Okay, maybe they don't believe ALL of it. Baylee obviously doesn't quite get WHY Colin Kaepernick kneeled during the National Anthem but he understands SOME of it. And he is still young and developing his own views. If you want to know more about Colin's kneeling or why there are looting and rioting or anything else, EDUCATE YOURSELF. This has been going on for centuries!

  5. View this post on Instagram

    πŸ–€

    A post shared by Baylee Littrell (@bayleelittrell_music) on

  6. I'm beyond proud of Kevin (and AJ) right now for being so vocal! Yes, I fall more on his side than I do the Littrells, but I don't love them less because I don't agree with them.
All this being said, I am who I am. I believe what I do. I believe Black Lives Matter. I believe Love is Love. I believe in Science. I believe Kindness is Everything. You do not have to believe like me. You are free to believe what you wish. But know it doesn't change the way I feel about you.


No comments:

Post a Comment