Friday, January 8, 2021

FanGirl Friday: Still FanGirling... No Matter What

 


I have been a Backstreet Boys fan since 1999. I have been a Brian fan since that moment. I am STILL a Brian fan over twenty years later.

As of late, there has been a whole lot of negativity surrounding him and his wife.

I don't remember when it started, but it was sometime after the first quarantine was relaxed. Leighanne started sharing her political views on her personal Facebook. I follow her but don't interact much.

Then things kinda blew up around their anniversary. He posted the following:


I’m lucky to be her BOW just a couple days before 20 years together.... I ain’t doing that bad, beauty isn’t just skin deep.... 😘 it’s more than that.... no matter what people say..... 😉💥#womenrule

Posted by Brian Littrell on Saturday, August 29, 2020

Nothing major. He's just showing off his wife of twenty years! Fans got kinda upset over how overt he was. I didn't care. They had a small get together with family for their anniversary. It was about twenty people. Which for them IS small! People got on them about that. Then Baylee had a show. People freaked out.

Things quieted for a moment. Then the election rolled around. All Hell pretty much broke loose. We all know Brian and Leighanne are Republican. Leighanne had been touting it online. Now, I'm not going to say anything bad, but just say that I don't agree with everything that the 45th president has done. If you feel differently, that is fine. I'm not going to hate you because you disagree with me.

Okay, I managed to make it through the election season. Yeah, there was a lot of hate around. I've been in my BSB group and my own Littrell Love group and just ignoring the negativity. Then the family did a Christmas show shortly after Baylee's birthday. Talk about more hatred. I live in California. There's not a lot you can do in California right now and pretty much since about the week before Christmas. I'm able to go to work (which that in itself is surprising), but other than that, we try not to do a lot. So yes, when I see other states getting to do things like concerts, I'm envious. Gosh, I wanted to go. But I knew for my circumstance, it wouldn't be safe.

New Year's came. More political junk happened. The Littrells were quiet. Then came the roller coaster of emotions today.

I got out of work and checked Instagram. Only to find out that Leighanne was going to be on my favorite Backstreet Boys podcast! See, I have been following "The Frick & Frack Show" from the beginning! Yeah, I can hardly get through a whole episode in one sitting, unless the stars align. But OMG! I am so happy for Matthew and Caleb! This is like HUGE for them! I am BEYOND excited for these two guys!

Now, of course, my fav podcasting boys are going the smart route in this and pre-recording this thing. (Usually they go live!) It's going to be posted sometime on Monday. (Make my Monday why don't ya!) So naturally, this information is ALL OVER the fandom sites! A couple of my fellow Brian fans are also supporters of "The Frick & Frack Show" are also sharing this info around. And wouldn't ya know it... out come the haters. I have been jumping on posts all afternoon defending Leighanne, the Show, and Brian. I know these two guys pretty well now. I know they are going to stay away from the controversy, and if they do bring it up, it will be tactful and not mean or degrading!

That being said, as I was leaving to go get dinner, I got a message on my Facebook. Someone was trying to troll me! I don't remember exactly what was said, but it was along the lines of "whatever Leighanne says will make Brian look bad." In the words of Taylor Swift, "Haters gonna Hate..." 

Frankly, in my mind, this has nothing to do with Leighanne or what she says. It has everything to do with "The Frick & Frack Show." This is like the biggest thing for them! Leighanne has it in her stories! Just simply by Leighanne DOING this means that Brian KNOWS! He KNOWS about these two men! I mean... hello! This is like the closest they are getting to have an actual BACKSTREET BOY on their podcast! And it could literally kick open the door to them having one, or all of them on their show! So yes! I will be watching/listening. I cannot wait!

And then, to make the roller coaster even worse, Brian goes and does this: 


Okay. His life. Not jumping over to that ship to follow him. I haven't heard good things about that platform. It sounds like something I wouldn't be interested in. So, no. I'm not going there. But then again, here I am "defending" him. Not so much in his going there and whatnot. But that it's his choice. Free Speech. In my mind, it doesn't change a lot. I don't love him for his political views. They always say, "don't meet your idols." All I want is a hug. Not to discuss politics with him. There is that list of things you don't talk about at the dinner table: politics, religion, and money. So, we don't talk about it. Instead, we focus on the music, the love, his family. ANYTHING else! I don't love him for his views. I love him for his voice, his humor, his looks, the way he can make me forget about everything else for a few minutes. 

Yes, I am still a Brian fan. I will be until the day I die. NOTHING is going to change that. Until someone can actually prove otherwise, I will continue to believe what I see out of him. His wife is not him. Yes, I love her, but not in the same way. And I know her and I would never be BFFs. But I'm not looking for that. I love her because she makes him happy. Period. It's not that I agree with her. I know she is flawed, just like her husband. But I've been taught to love everyone. And I will continue to love them, no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment