Sunday, January 10, 2021

#TeamLittrell

 


I have been a fan of the Backstreet Boys since 1999. I've actually known about them since 1992. (Yeah, weird story on that one!) Anyway, I have been a fan since I heard the song "Larger than Life." And when I saw the video, I became an instant Brian fan! Yeah, a few short months later he announced his engagement. I cried. Call it a dream that I knew would never come true. But I got over it... quickly. I started learning not only all I could about Brian but about this woman who made him happy. Sometime around my birthday that year (2000), I came to grips with his choice. It didn't change a thing in my mind. Okay, one less "eligible bachelor" off the market.

As time went on, I continued to love him and the group. Yeah, I went through a short Nick phase and an even shorter AJ phase, but Brian was my main man when it came to those Boys.

Over the years, my obsessiveness waxed and waned with their hiatuses. They never broke up. I never quit being a fan. I bought his solo record like 3 times! I supported his wife's business. I saw him live solo from like the 4th row! Even when he struggled with his voice, it didn't stop me. I am #TeamLittrell till the day I die!

That being said, yeah, he kinda disappointed me the other day by saying he was on Parler. But I can't blame him. He was reacting to something he felt was unfair. I've done things like this. Do I think he's right? Eh, probably not. Would I have done it? Eh, probably not. But does that mean I'm going to hate on the man? ABSOLUTELY NOT! Some people are calling for the group to kick him out. Some are saying they won't support him but will support the rest of the group. I don't understand this. So he made a choice you don't agree with. So this platform he joined probably helped in the attempted insurrection on the sixth. But was he a part of that? No. So, you know what, it's not a big deal!

What I can say is that being a Brian fan the past forty-eight hours has been a rollercoaster ride! I didn't know what to think. I didn't know what to feel. AND to top it off, his choice felt like it was dividing the fandom. I have stood up with my fellow Brian lovers against the hate. And thankfully, I am part of a great group of fans who care and understand things. Oddly, I have added a few people to my Littrell Love group over the past 48 hours. I think it's because we are tired of getting picked on and told that we are wrong to love this man and his family.

So, yeah, I'm #TeamLittrell... I have others around me who support him and his family. We will continue to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment