Saturday, January 16, 2021

#TeamLittrell: There's a Disturbance in the Fandom

There's a disturbance in the Fandom.

Do you feel it?

It started because ONE MAN did something SO MINOR that at any other time, it probably wouldn't have even been noticed.

But now, there's so much unrest over it. Some of the things I have seen:

  • Fans unfollowing him and his family.
  • Fans selling their tickets.
  • Fans saying they will no longer post solo pictures of him on their socials.
  • Fans saying they won't stand near him at Meet and Greets.
  • Fans saying that they "support the rest of the guys but not him."
All of this, I could maybe be okay with. Some of it really hurts to hear fans saying and frankly I'm not sure how you can say that you "support the rest of the guys but not him." I mean, he's not exactly out doing solo stuff like some of the others are. If you buy their merch, attend their concerts, etc, he's still getting 1/5 of that.

The thing that hurts more is that now there are fans out there calling for his removal. There are fans out there that are bullying other fans because of their support. I have a very weird feeling in the pit of my stomach every time I promote my group (Littrell Love on Facebook). 


The fact that she closed her Twitter! 

And now there are tabloid articles saying that the cousins are at odds with each other.

It all hurts my heart. I mean, yes, I have been asked by people if I really do love Leighanne. (My fanfiction tends to lean a certain way...) And once I explain that I really do and I have for a very long time, those people tend to get over it.

At this moment, I'm proud to say that I am making friends with people who are close to the family. Not that that was ever my intent. But I'm glad to see that there are others out there who are supporting the family and who know that you can love someone regardless. I tend to stay away from the groups that are spewing hatred toward him and his family. I am backing my friends and their endeavors. And I am still paying attention to other things within the fandom. I have not unfollowed sites and groups that are begging for his removal or saying they aren't going to support him anymore. Why? Because if there is any chatter I hear that something is going to come out to hurt this family, I WILL rally the troops.

This song has been going through my head since this whole thing broke: 



Why? Because THEY christened us the BSB Army. Back during "Black and Blue," they were asked about the title. They said they wanted something iconic, like "The White Album." (Sorry Boys... That didn't quite happen!) But they also said that then they could call us the "Black and Blue Army." Well, over the years, it transitioned to the BSB Army. And we are Soldiers in that Army. (Yes, I know this is Brian's least favorite song on that album.)

I'm saying this now: I will support this family. No matter what. I have been tasked to love all people, regardless. That is what I'm doing. You may not agree with me, and that's okay. But I am a proud soldier in the BSB Army. I will stand by my man. I am a member of #TeamLittrell for life!

1 comment:

  1. All of these guy's have devoted their lives to entertaining for over 20 years and that says a lot. Not only about their work ethic but also their character, I have no idea why anyone would want to leave one group, because no reason is good enough as far as I am concerned.
    Brian and his wife are a wonderful couple and their marriage has lasted longer then most 'normal' peoples have, so what ever is going on, well, unless it comes straight from the person's mouth, I won't believe it as it would only be gossip

    ReplyDelete