Wednesday, January 13, 2021

#TeamLittrell When the Fandom Lets You Down... Find this Post


Almost two years ago, I wrote this post. I never really followed up on the first part. Because something happened because of that Instagram post that was incredible!

For a little history lesson, read this post.

After you've done that, lemme tell you this. I lost everything in the fire. The only thing I really wanted to replace was my CD collection. It took me FOREVER to find Brian's solo album. Amazon and eBay were NOT my friends at that time. I downloaded it from Amazon after his post that night, but I still wanted the physical copy of the album for my car.

So after Brian locked his comments on the post, I went to his Facebook to see what happened. Over the course of a few comments (because comments were still open on Facebook), I found a fan who was interested in my story. I wasn't fishing, but we got to talking. I told her how I couldn't find Brian's solo album for less than $30 (at that time). She was shocked. She said she had it on her shelf and she felt bad it was gathering dust. So she asked for my address.

Four days later, this came in the mail:


This fan who didn't know me from the next person on the street sent me HER copy of this album, no questions asked. No cash exchanged. NOTHING!

To me, THIS is what the fandom is all about. Fans helping fans. 

So when the fandom lets me down and starts doing crazy things like they've been doing lately towards Brian, THIS is the story that reminds me that there are people out there who are kind and caring and will help others.

And all that being said, I used to be able to listen to this album STRAIGHT THROUGH without skips. I can't do that anymore. There are two songs that break my heart; one song I did to myself, the other just makes me bawl. But I still LOVE this album. I miss having my still sealed copy. And I miss this one the most: 


Yep. A signed copy of it. *sigh* Oh well. That one may never be replaced. But at least I have one copy again.



No comments:

Post a Comment