Monday, June 1, 2020

Quarantined: Not So Much


I finally get to go back to work! Not that I haven't been working these past 11 weeks. But now I get to go back to work in person! This makes me happy because some of my co-workers have been able to actually work and serve this whole time. Yet for me, because of my situation, I haven't been able to. 

Now, this changes a few things: yes, I get to go back to working in person. Yes, I get to go back to serving our youth. But this also brings added stress and hazards to me. I have to keep my family safe while working.

So what does this have to do with fangirling? Well, it's May. Usually, May is full of craziness and school stuff and all kinds of things. In fact, on Friday, my kids finished school for the year. Granted, it wasn't the way we intended when the school year started, but it happened. Forgive the bare feet, but really, where were we going?


And they're not the only ones! So many kids I know are graduating, including my favorite teenager!


This just makes me cry! I remember standing next to this little boy. He was two! Where in the world did the time go????? He is not supposed to be graduating high school yet!!!!! But I knew back in August he was starting his senior year so it was BOUND to happen... But I SERIOUSLY just stopped feeling weird about this because he posted it two weeks ago. (See this post.) Gee, thanks Mama for posting this!

And then of course, after I go to bed Sunday night, what does Brian do: drop pics! Dang night owl! Awesome black and white ones. It's eerie seeing the first one because those freeways are usually packed! But his black and whites are always just STUNNING!


No comments:

Post a Comment