Friday, March 23, 2012

Procrastination: To Be Avoided At all Costs!

I procrastinate up and down all the time!!!! In fact, me writing this blog right now is me procrastinating filling out character sheets about my novel. Ok, here goes:

Favorite Forms of Procrastination

1. Facebook Games: I don't play as many as I used to, but they still seem to consume my time. I think I'm only playing like 2 or 3 right now, but still. They take all the time I HAD reserved for writing away from me.

2. WriYe/Chatting: I lump all of this together because well, they are different forms of the same thing. I get on WriYe and into chats with people and there goes all my time writing!

3. Reading: Oh yeah, this is a big one. Right this very second "Mockingjay" is BEGGING me to read it. It doesn't help that it's due in 5 days from the library, but still. There have been times I have just wanted to read instead of write.

How to Stop Procrastinating

Probably the best way for me to stop procrastinating is having my Internet go out, which it does FREQUENTLY lately, so I end up writing SOMETHING while I am waiting for the Red Light of Doom to go away. Also the other way I get rid of procrastination is I go to work. Yeah, okay, me writing at work is procrastinating work type things, but sometimes there's not a lot to do in a small town library. Deadlines don't work, otherwise I would have won NaNo all the times I did it! Word wars seem to help, and challenges. That's where the chatting and WriYe come in handy.

Cross-Posted to: krazikrys writes!

No comments:

Post a Comment