Friday, March 23, 2012

A Writer's Confessional

There's really not a whole lot to confess about my writing. I don't write every day. I have "planned" my way to ONE NaNoWriMo win and have half "pantsed" half "planned" my way to a bunch of losses. I hate revision and editing. Well, since I teach, I look at them as two separate steps. I tend to edit as I go. It's revision where I tend to get caught in. Take my monster Backstreet Boys fanfic "I'll Never Break Your Heart." I have been writing on it since 2000! That's twelve years! I think I'm in version 3.2 or something. (Maybe I should start keeping version update numbers like software people do?) Maybe one day I'll finish it. I have cheated in NaNo, though nowhere near as bad as some people I know. My "cheating" consists of padding techniques. I can't seem to plot to save my life. I'll do character sheets until I wind up leaving large chunks blank because I'm tired but when it comes to plotting, I suck! Okay, maybe that is a whole lot more than I intended to confess.

Cross-Posted to: krazikrys writes!

No comments:

Post a Comment