Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Graphics

As you may have noticed, I make graphics. No, I don't have a degree in graphic design. I didn't buy an expensive graphic manipulation program. Instead, I use Canva. I've been using Canva for graphics for years. All the graphics on this page are made from there. Sometimes I use their stock photos, sometimes my own and sometimes photos I've found. I've also made all my covers for my novels on it as well as other things.

I also make graphics for the groups I own and moderate.

My group devoted to my favorite family, the Littrells: Littrell Love

The group I moderate: BSB Fans United

Now, here's the thing. Sometimes I make graphics that I don't care if they get snagged and shared. Those I don't tag those with the group name. Example: my quarantine graphics:


But sometimes, I DO CARE. Like, for example: 


I made some Instagram/Facebook interactive story panes. You save them, fill them in, and share them to your stories. I hashtagged them with the tag we created for the Boys' anniversary and our name right in the bottom. I mean, yeah, sometimes they don't take much to do, but sometimes they do! And if it's something that I'm doing SPECIFIC for one of my groups, I want to make sure we get the credit and acknowledgment.

So imagine my surprise when I find MY graphics in other groups! Sometimes I find them by accident. But when I'm a MEMBER OF A GROUP that it's being shared in, it kinda annoys me. Yes, I will share my graphics around. I don't have a problem with it. Just ask me. I'll gladly share it. What bugs me is when people crop the tags off and then share them. And when I call them on it, said people block me and kick me out of their group. It's just annoying.

So, here's the deal, and this goes for ANYONE who is making graphics. Before you share them, ASK or COMMENT on their graphic to let them know! Maybe they'll friend you and wanna be tagged. Maybe they'll just want a screenshot to know where you shared it. Be considerate people.

No comments:

Post a Comment