Tuesday, April 7, 2020

BuJo Update: Back at It


I've been using a Bullet Journal (BuJo) for a while. I quit using one after the fire for a bit and then have attempted to use one for a while now. I was doing well back in the fall. But then work got crazy in January and I kinda quit using one.

Now that I'm in quarantine, I'm using one again. It's kinda become my all-purpose thing right now. Being I don't do a whole lot right now except work from home and manage the kids' school schedule, I've gone to weeklies. It seems to make life a little easier to just list what I'm doing daily in a smaller box.


I've also attempted a habit tracker again. I'm trying to do stuff every day (or nearly every day) so why not track it! Oh, note on the "Do Something." Brian Littrell (yes, the Backstreet Boy) set a challenge on April first to "Do Something" physical every day. Yeah, obviously his routines are more vigorous than mine because well, I'm a freaking lightweight. But I am trying to do something active every day. I have found I spend way more time in front of my computer now. (Problems that come with working remotely.) So I'm trying to get outside, when the weather is good, and do something, even if it's playing with the kids. So far, so good. Only missed Saturday, but even then, I did go walk around the grocery store and since I don't know that store, it took me a while. Otherwise, I think the other ones are pretty self-explanatory.


The other thing I've been doing in my BuJo, as you saw in my habit tracker, is journaling. Yes, historians are saying, "Write it down! This is history, people!" I decided after week one that I just needed to start writing things down. Things that frustrated me, things that were going well, whatever. It's truly just me getting my thoughts out on the page.

Probably the biggest reason I've gone back to bullet journaling is that it helps me actually do stuff during the day. Otherwise, I think I would end up just binging Netflix and not doing anything at all. So all in all, it's a good thing really.

No comments:

Post a Comment